FCOM Meeting Policies
COVID-19 Meeting Waiver
The World Health Organization has declared the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) a worldwide pandemic. Due to its capacity to transmit from person-to-person through respiratory droplets, the government has set recommendations, guidelines, and some prohibitions which FSO-HNS and FSFPRS, (here forward referred to as the “Organization”) adheres to comply.
In consideration of my participation in the foregoing, the undersigned acknowledge and agree to the following:
- I am aware of the existence of risk on my attending the event in-person at the venue(s) and my participation in the event that may cause injury or illness, not limited to COVID-19, that may lead to any number of side effects, up to and including death.
- I will not attend if have experienced symptoms that of fever, fatigue, difficulty in breathing, or dry cough, or exhibiting any other symptoms relating to COVID-19 or any communicable disease within the 14 days prior to the start of the event.
- I will not attend if I have, nor any member(s) of my household, traveled by sea or by air, internationally within 30 days prior to the event.
- I will not attend if I have been, nor any member(s) of my household, diagnosed to be infected with COVID-19 virus within the recommended CDC guidelines number of days prior to the event.
Following the pronouncements above I hereby declare the following:
- I agree to abide by all policies set forth by the Organization for and during the event, including, but not limited to: social distancing, mask requirements, temperature checks, etc.
- I am fully and personally responsible for my own safety and actions while and during may participation and I recognize that I may be in any case be at risk of contracting COVID-19.
- With full knowledge of the risks involved, I hereby release, waive, discharge the Organization, its board, officers, independent contractors, affiliates, employees, representatives, successors, and assigns from any and all liabilities, claims, demands, actions, and causes of action whatsoever, directly or indirectly arising out of or related to any loss, damage, injury, or death, that may be sustained by me related to COVID-19 while participating in any activity while in, on, or around the premises or while using the facilities that may lead to unintentional exposure or harm due to COVID-19.
- I agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Organization from and against any and all costs, expenses, damages, lawsuits, and/or liabilities or claims arising whether directly or indirectly from or related to any and all claims made by or against any of the released party due to injury, loss, or death from or related to COVID-19.
With my agreement, I acknowledge that I have read the foregoing Liability Release Waiver and understand its contents; that I am at least eighteen (18) years old and fully competent to give my consent; That I have been sufficiently informed of the risks involved and give my voluntary consent in signing it as my own free act and deed; that I give my voluntary consent in signing this Liability Release Waiver as my own free act and deed with full intention to be bound by the same, and free from any inducement or representation.
This waiver will remain effective until laws and mandates relevant to COVID-19 are lifted.
FCOM has official photographers/videographers for this meeting. Photographs/video taken at FCOM’s Annual Meeting may be used in future marketing, publicity, promotions, advertising and training activities for FCOM or the FSO-HNS/FSFPRS Societies. By registering for this meeting, you agree to allow FCOM to use the photographs/video – which may include you – in all media formats worldwide.
Liability Release and Waiver
I agree to assume all risks associated with my attendance and participation in all on- and off-site activities that occur as part of the conference. By registering for this conference, I agree to indemnify and hold harmless FCOM, FSO-HNS and FSFPRS and its governing bodies, officers and contractors from all