This session will examine the impact of the ever changing social media platforms upon the practice of otolaryngology and facial plastic surgery. While we most commonly consider Facebook and Instagram, it is important to recognize that TikTok has surpassed both Facebook and Instagram and even Google in terms of downloads and users. The successful social media strategy will leverage Instagram stories and posts to capture the millennial patient and Facebook to brand ourselves to the 40+ patients. TikTok as an emerging and important platform will be evaluated for the medical practice. This group of panelists will discuss the power of branding, how to meet our patients where they live online and their internet journey to our offices.
Participants attending this session will be able to:
1. Describe the various social media platforms
2. Discuss upon the target audiences of each platform
3. List the types of posts and stories within each platform
4. Develop a successful strategy for each of the major platforms
5. Describe how paid advertising enhances your visibility on each of the platforms